A- General information
Normally being overlooked and lack of care, heels turn out the most vulnerable and more likely to develop problems with other health issues in the body. The most common one that the heels might suffer is heel spurs.
- What is heel spurs? It is the condition in which there are abnormal bony protrusions. Heels spurs occur when the calcium displaces on the underside part of your heels. Once heel spurs happens there will be discomforts you might have to suffer, and of course, there will be many more challenges while walking and perform daily routines.
- What causes heels spurs? There are quite few reasons leading to heel spurs can listed here. It is the strains on ligaments and muscles tackling this health issue. At first, it might be minor problems but if it left untreated for extended period of time, it will cause the heels to feel painful more than ever. Moreover, those who have abnormal or lopsided walking might develop heel spurs as well.
- Who can get heel spurs? As the pain from heel cannot be easily obtained. Therefore, only strong and hard actions that can damage to the heel areas, or from repeated actions that stress the heels. Therefore, it athlete’s, sport stars and women who constantly wear high heels are the ones who might get heel spurs the most. Sometimes, when you jog or run too much might also get heel spurs.
B – How to get rid of heels spur naturally
Heel spurs should not be overlooked and should be treated in the very beginning days. In case you do not treat heels spurs earlier and left it untreated in extended period of time, it might cause other health related issues or getting worse. Treating spurs of heels is not quite complicated as you might think as we can totally fix it by using natural home remedies. These following ways will definitely help you out with minimum effort as you do not need to visit doctor or using medicine. All you need to do is to simply apply ingredients available in your kitchen.
Apple Cider Vinegar
This ingredient always makes it ways to be among best natural home remedies for you when it comes to treating swelling health issues. There are high amount of anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients in Apple Cider Vinegar helps to relieve the pain and keep spurs from infection. The plus side is using it quite simple and do not take too many steps to apply:
- Dilute a bit of apple cider vinegar into the bathtub with warm water.
- Have your heels to soaked in the bathtub and relax for 10 minutes.
- While soaking, you can gently massage heels areas.
- Rinse off with water then pad them dry.
- Repeat this action every day until heel spurs is fixed.
When it comes to treating pains, ice/ cold is the best remedy anyone can get. The reason is coldness can give a helping hand in numbing the pain, therefore, you will not feel the pain almost instantly. This quick method can really useful in case you have serious pain and want to get quick relief without using pain killer. You can use ice cubes from the fridge but it would be a good idea if you can make use of frozen bean bags as it will not melt in such short period of time. Here is how to apply:
- Wrap a bag of frozen beans bag using a clean cloth.
- Apply directly over the affected areas and gently massage.
- Keep rubbing for about 5 to 10 minutes one time.
- Repeat few times a day until you find satisfied result, the pain would be alleviating in a quite short time.
Baking powder would turn into real miracle if you know how to. There are anti inflammatory and anti-bacterial in baking powder that would work wonderfully to remove pain and reduce swelling, which makes it handy tip to treat heel spurs. Moreover, it can be a tool to remove excess calcium from areas of heel spurs that helps to prevent the pain from extending. Those are all the reason making it number 3 on the list of natural home remedies to treat heel spurs. The tip of using is no different with using apple cider vinegar:
- Add one cup apple cider vinegar into the bathtub.
- Fill the tub with lukewarm water and have your heels soaked in.
- Gently massage for 10 minutes then step out and rinse off with water.
- Pad it dry and apply moisturizer or you can use essential oil such as olive oil to avoid dry heels.
To make the best of this method, you can go for it before bedtime. The reason is soaking heels with lukewarm water can help you to have deep and sound sleep.
People have been using Epsom salt quite a long time now for treating many swelling problems along with pain. This type of salt can actually help to relieve stress, in such case, it would also free stress nerve causing heel spurs. How to apply:
- Add one cup of Epsom salt into a big bowl.
- Fill with lukewarm water and have your heels soaked in.
- Gently massage the affected areas until water cools down.
- Rinse off and apply favorite moisturizer.
- Do this before bed and you will feel the miracle.
How to apply:
- Choose fresh turmeric and wash them well with water.
- Slices turmeric into pieces then crush them all well together.
- Add along with one teaspoon flaxseed oil to make well paste.
- Apply the paste over the affected areas then leave it therefore 10 minutes.
- You need to massage for 5 minutes after so that the paste can be well-absorbed.
- Rinse off with water and apply moisturizer is optional.
Another way is to drink turmeric with milk before bed to treat the problems internally. It is suggested that one cup of turmeric milk a day can do the trick.